Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 27- Walking after the Spirit

Today my challenge is to find ways to reverance and be encouraging to my husband.
 
Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife [see] that she reverence [her] husband.

Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord
I am really under convition that my walk is not what it should be in my marriage. My attitude and gratefulness would be a good start. I am supposed to be his helpmeet but how many times have I been that grudgingly?

God created the husband and wife unit in the beginning. This was the message that was preached on Sunday night that really helped and encouraged me. God meant for this bond between husband and wife to be the strongest and most important relationship of human relationships.  God didn't create children first. He created man and woman so they could then have children. The family comes after the husband and wife bond. It is where all other relationships come from. We tend to react to all our relationships in life based on how we were taught through our parents example.

The Bible says we are to reverance and submit to our husbands as unto the Lord.
I know I need to seriously work on the reverence. I love my husband, he is a good guy. I sometimes get frustrated with our relationship because we don't have a strong spiritual life in our marriage. God is there but Dh doesn't share too much of what God is doing in his life. I crave more.

Praying of course is key, and after the message Sunday I am encouraged that He wants the same for us. To be spiritually united and on the same page.


As I said the marriage relationship is supposed to be the strongest relationship we can have with another human being. Two become one flesh. That is pretty amazing. There is some kind of soul union that occures that should never be broken. What God puts together no one should tear apart. It is a sacred covenant. That is why the Devil, the flesh, and the world fight so hard to destroy it. 

We rebel against the sacred in our flesh. We want to be independant of responsibility and life long commitment. We're tied down, That is what our flesh will tell us. The truth and reality is so much the opposite.

God created husband and wife so, together, they can be more than conquerers. We are made to subdue the earth together. We weren't supposed to be this broken, dysfuntional, "sort of, if I feel like it " union. We are meant to put the other's needs first and lift each other up.

The key, of course is if we are both putting God at the center. Nothing can withstand the threefold cord of God, husband, and wife.

Praying together would be a good start. We had started doing that at one point but somewhere along the way got too busy. Time to get that up an going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment