Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 18- Walking after the Spirit- imaginations of the heart

I did my prayer walking in my appartment building. I enjoyed walking through the building and praying.What a work out! With each stair case I walked up to the top and back down. then  walked through what ever floor I was praying through. My legs were feeling it. THank God there are only three floors.
I got in trouble last week for putting tracts in the doorways of the appartments. I didn't think there would be any harm to a slip of paper being put in the doorway. The building managment tried to say they had a rule about it, but they don't do anything about the pizza coupons that get left in our doors.

Reading in the Bible I keep coming accross the phrase that the people of Israel were following after the imaginations of their own heart. As a result they went far from God.

The world will say follow your heart. But the Bible says...
Jer17:9  The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

We can't even trust our own heart to lead us in the right direction. Our heart will follow the carnal mind. Why? Because we are inherently selfish and always want our own way and our comfort.

 Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.
8:7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

If we are following after the carnal life and fleshy living we will slip and go against God. In our flesh we are incapable of following God's law. That is why we need to have the Holy Spirit's power in our lives.

Invite the Holy Spirit each day to lead your life. 
Submit your thoughts today to Jesus and cleanse your mind with the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment