Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 16 and 17- Walking after the Spirit

Talking about the mind, body and spirit this week.
I have been trying to eat healthy. I did the Daniel fast last week wich for me was cutting out meat, dairy and eggs. I found I was able to do this and felt pretty good all week.
I am hoping to continue to eat less meat and more legumes, veggies etc. I also plan to start walking more this week. One way will be to prayer walk through my building. I going to be repeatedly doing stairs by going to sections upstairs then down and up again.  It should make a good work out.
I think the prayer aspect will give my mind something to keep it occupied and not get bored with the workout so easily. The Bible says to do everything as unto the Lord so incorporating prayer and walking together will be a good thing.

The mind is something I really need to get a handle on. My negative thinking tends to get the better of me. I want to get to a better place in my thinking that will be God honoring. It takes discipline to control the wandering negative mind. It also takes Jesus and help from the Holy Spirit.
The bible says to bring our thoughts into submission under Christ. Casting down imaginations and every high thing that tries to take control and replace the knowledge of God.
We need to take those wrong thoughts and cast them at the feet of Jesus. Take them captive instead of lettting htem take control of you.

2 Cor. 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Aligning our thinking to be in line with the Holy Spirit will mean we will be able to follow the Holy Spirit's leading more easily.

Is 26:3 Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee.

To keep the mind stayed is to tie your mind to Christ's. Keep in line by reading His word. Let it saturate your thinking. Battle negative thinking with the Word. That is how Jesus battled the Devil when He was being tempted by the Devil.

Praying for you this week in trying to get a handle on your thinking, your health and your spiritual health.

No comments:

Post a Comment