Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 23- Walking after the Spirit- Intentional Attention

I am currently reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp along with the (in)Courage group Being Proverbs 31 woman on FB.
It is speaking to a lot of what I have been thinking and talking about here about living intentionally.
Living with thanksgiving in each moment.
Phil. 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, [therewith] to be content.

To be content no matter what, requires seeing each moment as a gift from God. To live in thankfulness for each present minute. "To give thanks in this moment. The moments will add up." Ann writes.
To live that abundant life Jesus promises, requires our full attention.

It is so easy to let life slip away with each passing minute because we are too busy to stop and take notice of each step along the way. Living intentionally means bringing God into each moment. Inviting Him into our hustle and bustle makes us more aware of His grace, mercy and love. It also makes each moment an opportunity to seek His kingdom. To be about our Father's business as I have said before.
 We cannot ignore the leading of the Holy Spirit if we have Him wit us in this present moment. We have to be aware of the people around us if we intentionally invite Him to walk with us where we are. Our eyes will be opened to making each moment count. God gave us time and so often we let it slip away without notice or nod to His gift.
 I am reminded of Practicing the Presence of God by brother Lawrence.
"The time of business does not with me differ from the time of prayer, and in the noise and clatter of my kitchen . . . I possess God in as great tranquility as if I were upon my knees at the blessed sacrament."
Ps. 16:11 In thy presence is fulness of joy.

To be continually aware of Jesus and His presence is a goal everyone should be trying to obtain.
This is a very powerful yet simple thought, but not alsways easy to carry out. Life's worries and tasks can preoccupy our minds to the point where a whole hour can  go by without thougth of our Creator and His goodness toward us.

Time is precious and fleeting. We are here for short time on earth. Thankful attention to time and living intetionally in each moment brings us closer to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment