Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 21- Walking after the Spirit-Hurts

I can't believe I am finishing week three already.
I have been talking primarily about the mind this week because I think it is probably the largest issue we can struggle with. Our thoughts lead to actions.

I am not sure who the author of this is but thought it worth quoting.

Watch your thoughts; they become your words.
Watch your words; they become your actions.
Watch your actions; they become your habits.
Watch your habits; they become your character.
Watch your character: it becomes your destiny.

The Bible says to gaurd your heart because out of it comes the issues of life.  It can issue forth life or death. When we harbor bitterness, unforgiveness, anger, and jealousy in our hearts we will manifest those things eventually. God wants us free and clear of those things so His love can shine through in our lives.

I had to recently come to a place where I gave up all my hurts to God. It was not an easy thing but once I got to the place where I finally didn't want it there, I was able to give it all up  to God. I don't know why I held on to those hurts for so long. I think I held onto them because it was all I knew. It was a burden I accepted as a part of me. Like being a  victim was my identity.

I realized it was a lie because it is what stood in the way of me trusting God fully. It kept me from stepping out and serving God in the way He requires me to. My hurts may have shaped my life up to this point but it does not define who I am.
 God created me. He knows my identity. He defines who I am. He placed a substance in me that is Linda, His beloved child.

I am at a point where I can see the hurts in a new light. They are no longer a prison that keeps me from living an abundant life. They are now experiences that allow me to have empathy and compassion toward others who have walked that way too. It gives me a testimony to share. I am grateful for that testimony because it shows God's power in my life and brings him the glory He deserves.

Depressed, suicidal, anxious, tortured in thoughts, abused, bitter, easily swept up in storms, not anchored to anything. That was me.

Now I have peace and joy. Through the power of the Holy Spirit I was released, set free from all those things.

Shackled by a heavy burden
Beneath a load of guilt and shame
Then the hand of Jesus touched me
And now I am no longer the same

 He touched me,
Yes He touched me
And Oh the joy that floods my soul
Something happened and now I know
 He touched me and made me whole
 
Oh since I met this blessed Savior
 And since he cleansed and me whole
Oh I never cease to praise Him
I'll shout it while eternity rolls

Oh He touched me,
Yes He touched me
And oh the joy that floods my soul
Something happened and now I know
He touched me and made me whole

No comments:

Post a Comment