Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 5- Walking after the Spirit-discipline

Yesterday I had a nice morning. My husband and I went for a walk before he went off to work.
This morning was a little harder to get up. I got up at 5:30 mind you, but I almost turned over and fell back to sleep. This is the point where it will get harder to keep this up. It's easy in the begining to get started because of the initial enthusiasm, but when something has become a routine it becomes harder to keep it up.

Pushing through and being purposefull in what you set out to do for God is tough sometimes. When you just feel like taking a few more minutes of sleep or spend just a little more time on the computer doing things that aren't really that important, that is when you have to start disciplining yourself. The flesh is selfish and wants it's own way. We have to make a decision to continue on and and discipline ourselves. This is where we have to take up our cross daily and sacrifice our own comfort to follow Jesus.
Saturday will be a no computer no TV fast. I do this from time to time and sometimes for a week. So I will not be posting here Saturday.
Next week I will be doing a little more on fasting and will be doing a Daniel fast. I will post a few resources for that if anyone wants to know what it is or how to go about it.
It is for God that I am doing this, and because I want to be in a place where he can use me for whatever he wills for my life.

"Lord Whatever your doing in this season, don't do it without me"


Just adding this note:
When we start going forward with God trials will come. The devil will try to intimidate and tempt us to give up or give in. God will also allow things to come to test us and see just how serious are we with it. Today seems to be one of those days. I must be doing something right. I have to keep turning to Jesus. Give him my thoughts and emotions when these things happen. This is me preaching to myself. Sometimes that is what we have to do. Pray, preach to ourselves and pray some more.
KEEP PRAYED UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment