Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 15- Walking after the Spirit

Halfway there! woo hoo!
Now I have Bon Jovi Living on a Prayer stuck in my head. My brain tends to be weird like that. LOL
So today is the first day of week 3- I decided to go into the Body, Mind, Spirit this week and next week will be the working out our salvation.

One of the difficult struggles I have had is having issues with insomnia and being tired all the time. When your tired your resistance to not only physical attacks is low, but also spiritual ones. Satan had me bound as the song says. I was too tired to fight. I easily slipped into the spiritual doldrums.

Our bodies are our temple. We need to take care of them because that is where Jesus needs to abide. If our bodies are not in health then it makes our spiritual walk that much harder.

You can tell when I am in a bad place by how my house looks. I can't keep up with housework when I have no energy. I felt like I was constantly fighting the laundry monster and dishes vortex. I felt like I was going to disappear under the clutter that built up in my house. I would have maybe one good week a month where I got caught up and then, whamo! I was back to not sleeping. I became very discouraged and even depressed at times.

I kept praying for relief. I kept praying for healing. Nothing.

Then recently at church one of the messages was about how we have authority already for overcoming. The Bible said so.

Luke10:19Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.


Deut.28:13And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do [them]:


I think something just cliked. I realized I had let God slip to the back burner. God needs to be first no matter what. I realized I needed to make a change and that is why I started this 30 day walk.
I don't intend to stop after these 30 days. I am going to continue on with this challenge.
The spiritual is the leading cause of many of our problems but sometimes we get so caught up the the physical manifestations we forget about the spiritual.

That is where the mind connection comes in. We need to renew our minds daily or the carnal mind will take over. Its not a maybe, its a guarantee. If we are not prayed up, and in God's word daily we will start to slip up. It is a daily and even moment by moment struggle.
Our thinking plays such a huge roll in how we walk spiritually. We must submit our thinking to Christ.
Praying that this week will bless you as you continue your walk.

I will not be on tomorrow to post. I am going on a camping retreat with the ladies from church.
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment