Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 7

"She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy." Proverbs 31:20
 
A giving heart is so important to God. He wants us to be willing to serve and that means whatever opportunity God places in our hands, we are to be his hands extended. When we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of  life its easy to overlook these opportunities. We may not feel we have time to stop and help someone on the side of the road or may not feel we have the financial means to give to the poor. I guess that is where we have to exercise our faith. Trusting that God is faithful when we sacrifice, to supply our needs. I know I need improvement in the area of stepping out in faith. Trust does not come easily to me.
We had a testimony last week of an woman in church who has been faithful to God even when she didn't know Where she would get the money to buy groceries. God was faithful to provide. She would have some stranger in line at the grocery store suddenly say they felt this compulsion to pay for her groceries. She was testifying that God turned things around and now she has no worries for her finances because God has seen to it to provide financial security for her.
As far as time is concerned I can never get time back, but I also can't easily get rid of regret. Minutes spent wasted on selfishness will never be able to be redeemed and I will give account for what I did with my time, and "talents". Mathew 25:14-46 Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment