Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 4


"13 She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. 17 She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks." Proverbs 31:13 & 17

Now I have always loved this verse being a crocheter. To go into a store and buy yarn for a particular project. I could get lost imagining all kinds of projects to do with different yarns.
But there is more to this verse than that. It talks of  the Proverbs 31 woman going about her work vigorously. What work? Her work meaning any work she does.
What does that mean for me? Any and all work should be done...actively ; with energy; powerfully according to the dictionary. The Bible says that we should do everything as if for the Lord. So as much as I hate to think it, even the house work is something that should be done with enthusiasm and be for God. How many times do I do these thing grudgingly? God is a God of order and does not like disorder. So that pile of laundry needs to be dealt with today. 
OK but where is all this power and energy going to come from? I work outside the home, and it can be tiring job. 
If  I am in line with God spiritually, and taking care of this temple God gave me to live, not only will I have the physical energy but the spiritual energy. The bible says that following him and his words brings health. I think half my battle has been spiritual with the house work. It seems just when I am getting my house in order something comes along to try and knock me down. I'll get sick, or other things will come up to compete with my time spent cleaning.
Oy vay. God is kicking me in my complacency again and it doesn't feel good.
Well I have been getting up early and that alone helps with having more time for housework.
Ok self get cracking, there is a pile of dishes in the sink and God wants it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment