Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 6



"She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes." Proverbs 31:24
The woman of Proverbs 31 was a business woman. She did what she could with her talents to help with the finances of her household. I have always hoped that someday I could contribute in this way with my talents. When my son was little I had hoped to be a stay at home mom and be able to work from home but never found anything that was legit or didn't have a large start up cost. I did for a very short time start to do craft fairs but it is not a big money making business. I am still hoping to find some avenue to sell that would really contribute to our finances.
For now I realize that I am contributing to may family working outside of the home in the human services field. It is not where I thought I would be. However God knew that I had certain aspects of my personality that would work in this area well. People used to compliment on how patient I was and that I would do well in the healthcare industry. I didn't think that was me, but sometimes others observe in us what we can't see in ourselves. So here I am working with people with disabilities, and I have to say I do love it. It's hard not to fall in love with the clients and feel like they are family. They become a part of your heart and you can't easily leave them for another job. God knows best who we are are where we should be in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment